Queen & Greenwood
Intersection of Queen Street East and Greenwood Avenue.
The Ashbridge family were the first settlers in the 243 hectare tract of land between Ashbridge's Bay and Danforth Avenue after moving here from Pennsylvania in 1794. They worked as farmers until the 1890's when the city of Toronto encroached on their land. By the 1920's, they had sold all of their land, except for their home, which they kept until the 1970's.
The Ashbridge Estate.
Streetcars at the TTC barn.
Storefronts on Queen Street East.
Rustic-looking semi-detached homes on Queen Street East.